Saturday, May 24, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake

A while back, a cake-decorating contest was held in the strip mall near my apartment. I went in to buy some hairspray at Ulta (cosmetics store, we don't have one in Lincoln) when I ran into crowds perusing these fabulous confections. I ran back to the apartment, grabbed the camera and shot up the scene. So as a reward to those of you who take the time to read my wordier posts, here's some eye candy:



How cute is this? The categories spanned beginners (ages 12 and under, like this cake), through professional.











One of my favorites, it's a wedding cake and the rings are in the shell on the top--that said, I don't think seashells are very appetizing.




1 comment:

Benjamin said...

I really love the orange hat (I would totally wear that to Easter church service if I were a baptist...and 40 years older than I am right now....and a woman...) and the little dog.
Also, I SAW a strip mall this weekend!!! I haven't seen one in months!
Also, I relocated my blog:
http://benfromneb.blogspot.com/
Don't worry, you get a shout-out for the copyright infringement.
Also, the postcard made my day!