Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Meg-o Likes Legos

I used to always play with my brother, Michael's legos. He never minded because I could be trusted to grab 1) the green grass mat, 2) the biggest, longest blocks I could find, and 3) the window pieces that had a plastic hinge (they were my faves). Yes, I would proceed to create the most creative of all lego structures; the four-walled house.
While I made wildly creative, um, pre-fab homes, Michael made fantastic spaceships, shuttles, and starcruisers, usually utilizing all the black pieces I'd thrown over my shoulder b/c they didn't match the plastic daisies on my house's front lawn.


So you can see why I'm totally and utterly in awe of the sheer ingenuity of the following pieces made entirely of lego pieces!



The white Jesus is my favorite, it was recently revealed on Easter day at a Swedish church, it took a little over a year to make and is constructed of all white legos on the exterior, but its interior is made up of thousands of different colored pieces. Way to go Swedes!

I would date one of these guys, but not the blue one, he's a total square.
I'm also loving the Edward Hopper "Nighthawks" diner scene.

I'm dedicating this post to my brother, Mikey.

1 comment:

Heather Lea said...

OK, these are INCREDIBLE!!! I LOVE them- especially the gray one where the guy is coming out- and the yellow guy with his insides spilling everywhere. Neato-burrito!!