Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Uniform Project

Ten days and counting left for The Uniform Project! I am utterly inspired by the NYC woman who decided to wear one dress for one year (she had seven copies made), accessorize with only upcycled and donated accessories and blog it out.

Why would she do this?

To raise money for Akanksha, a charity that puts underprivilaged Indian kids in school. Here's the back story:

The Uniform Project Trailer from The Uniform Project on Vimeo.




And the rest is history! Sheena wears some hideous things and some glorious things. I love that she is brave enough to even let viewers vote whether her look is "batty," "brave," "hot," "cute," "try harder," or create your own tag. Some of my Favorite days include:
May 18 and 7; June 20; July 25; August 6 (!); September 3, 5, and 26; October 30 (one of my favorites on my birthday!) & 31; November 27; Janurary 29; February 5; and April 19.


And some duds in my book:
August 12, 28, & 29; September 15; October 2; November 18; December 4; January 30; February 15; and March 13...but you can't say she's not "brave"!

Uniform Project Picture Book from The Uniform Project on Vimeo.

I'll be donating this week—I've enjoyed her efforts and creativity so much that I can't help myself; if you're inspired or feel so moved, donate too!!

No comments: